Thanksgiving Eve proved to be more of an interesting time than expected. My friend and I were wrapping venison and I joked about grilling some-at that very moment. Outside, the temperature was wonderful, about 65 degrees. The smell of rain had pierced through the other smells of the dark, damp night, while lightning lit the sky at different moments. A funny sight for my friend and his mom was my use of a flashlight-while grilling. Grilling deer is maybe not my specialty, since that was, the first time doing it. The grilled meat turned out decently well, however. I’m thankful for the experience and laughter that came with the time.
Thanksgiving. What an amazing time of the year. Not so as much because of the food, but rather it really is a time to reflect on experiences, things, and people that we are truly thankful for. And, I think by pondering about these things can bring even more joy and excitement to the day. So, here is a list of 10 things I’m thankful for, in no particular order (obviously there’s more, but for the sake of time):
1. the gracious Father (well, the Son and Holy Spirit too)
2. family
3. friends
4. the sound of a guitar
5. books
6. reese’s (and all other food, of course)
7. Colorado
8. Mizzou
9. falling snow
10. love
Thanksgiving.
it’s legit.
No comments:
Post a Comment